Summer is finally knocking on the door, and what can be more summery and fresh than a Classic Bellini.
The Bellini is a classic and elegant "bubbles-based" cocktail that originated in Venice, Italy. It is a simple yet refreshing drink that combines peach purée with sparkling wine, traditionally Prosecco.
Here's a really good recipe for a Bellini:
- 2 oz (60 ml) peach purée (fresh or store-bought)
- 4 oz (120 ml) Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- Fresh peach slices for garnish (optional)
- Pour the peach purée into a champagne flute or a tall glass.
- Slowly top the purée with chilled Prosecco or sparkling wine, allowing the two ingredients to mix gently.
- Lightly stir the mixture to ensure the peach purée and Prosecco are well combined, taking care not to over-stir and lose the fizz.
- Garnish with a fresh peach slice, if desired, and serve immediately.
Note: If you're using fresh peaches, peel and pit them before blending them into a smooth purée. If the purée is too thick, you can strain it through a fine-mesh sieve or add a little water to thin it out.
Pop It, Drink It, Frame It